The Friends of Blyth Tall Ship are the keel of our organisation providing over 800 hours (on average) of volunteer time a month. They have been instrumental in:
1. Training 200 unemployed young people over the past 5 years.
2. Restoring 5 heritage vessels.
3. Refitting and restoring the Williams II for its Antarctic voyage.
4. Reclaiming and refurbishing 3 phase machinery for our workshops.
5. Acting as guides and welcomes for over 1 million visitors since we began the project.
6. All their time is generously given for free and the benefit of all, but we have been delighted to award over 20-star awards for exceptional service.
7. Recovered and recorded more than 5000 documents and items from the Port of Blyth archive and published a new archive website at archive.blythtallship.co.uk.